1. Which of the following functionality must be implemented by transport layer avobe network layer….
A. Recovery from packect loses
B. Detection of duplicate packets
C. Packet delivery in correct order
D. End to end delivery
Answer:- D. End to end delivery
Network layer is responsible for host to host delivery while Transport
layer is responsible for process to process delivery called end to end delivery
Total 7 layer are following:-
2. Which of the following is/are example of the stateful Application layer protocaol (1) HTTP (2)FTP (3) TCP (4)POP3 :-
A. (1) and (2) only
B. (2) and (3) only
C. (2) and (4) only
D. (4) Only
Answer:- C. (2) and (4) only
Stateless protocol- Treats each request & an an indepdent and does not require the serve to retain session information.
Eg. IP,HTTP etc.
Stateful Protocol-In Constrest with stateless protocols,
stateful protocol they require server to ratain session information. A log of states is maintained.
FTP and POP3 are satetful application layer porotocols.
3. Which layer of the OSI model is responsible for Service-point addressing:-
A. Session layer
B. Data link layer
C. Transport layer
D. Application layer
Answer:-C. Transport layer
Computer often run several programs at the same time.The transport layer header
must therefore include a type of address called a service point address(or port address).
The network layer gets each packet to the correct computer, the transport
layer gets the entire message to the correct process on that computer.
4. Data unit at Data Link Layer is called
Segment-Data unit at Transport Layer is called a segment(if TL protocol is TCP).
Datagram-This is used in 2 layers.if the network protocol is IP,the unit of date is called Datagram.
At Transport layer,if protocol is UDP,we use datagram there as well.Hence we differentiate them as UDP Datagram,IP Datagram.
Frame-Data Link Layer protocol data unit is called Frame
Packet-It is a more generic term used either transport layer or network layer.TCP Packet,UDP Packet,IP Packet etc
5. Which scheduling policy is most suitable for a time-shared operating systems:-
A. Shortest Job First
C. Round Robin
D. Priority Scheduling
Answer:- C. Round Robin
In order to schedule processes fairly]a round-robin scheduler generally employs time sharing,
giving each job a time slot or quantum(its allowance of CPC time),and interrupting the job if is not completed by then.
It is designed especially for time-sharing systems.
6. Match the Following:-
2.Data Link layer
A. A-1 ,B-2 ,C-3,D-4
D. A-2, B-3, C-1, D-4
Answer:- C. A-1,B-2,C-4,D-3
7. Match the pairs-
3.Process suspension Process
Answer:- D. A-2,B-1,C-3
8.The DBMS acts as an interface between what two components of an enterprise class database systems-
A. Database application and the database
B. Data base administrator and data
C. Database and SQL application serves
D. All of Above
Answer:- D. All of Above
9.In ER model weak entity meets which of the following conditions-
A. Weak entity is existence dependent ,weak entity cannot exist without the entity with which it has a relationship
B. Weak entity has a primary key that is parially or totally derived from the parent entity in the relationship
C. Both (A ) and (B)
D. Neither (A ) and (B)
Answer:-C. Both (A ) and (B)
Weak entity is existence dependent and maintains a primary key which is derived from parent…
10. In object-oriented technology, hiding the complexity of characteristics is called..
Answer:- A. Abstraction
In OOPS, Abstraction means to show only the necessary details without including the background details.
11. Which of the following programming languages is exclusively used for artificial intelligence:-
Answer:- C. Prolog
Prolog is a general purpose logic programming language associated and computational linguistics.
12. The strategy for testing a function when developing a software is made at:-
A. Test Strategy
B. Test Plans
C. Test case Design
D. All of these
Answer:- B. Test Plans
A software test plan is document that describes the objectives,
scope, approach & focus of a software testing effort.
Test plan is the sum of strategy
(what, why, when & how in Testing) and test logistics(who is testing)
13. What is the term used for describing the judgmental or commonsense part of problem solving:-
B. According to Value
Answer:- D. Heuristic
An heuristic is commonly called a rule of thumb.
14. Which symbol will be used with grep command to match the pattern pat at the beginning of a line:-
Answer:- A. ^pat
sign^ is used to search from the end.
^sign is used to search from the beginning.
15. Which command is used to sort the lines of data in a file in reverse order:-
A. sort -r
Answer:- A. sort -r
Sort command is basically used for "ordering a file".By default,
it orders lines in ASCII collating sequence.Sort options are:
1. Reverses sort order(-r).
2. Sorting on primary key(-k).
3. Numeric sort(-n).
4. Removing repeated lines(-u).
16. News websites deliver customized ‘feeds’ of content to their readers via RSS, which stands for :-
A. Registered Subscriber Syndication
B. Really Simple Synchronization
C. Real Social Syndication
D. Really Simple Syndication
Answer:- D. Really Simple Syndication
17. In context with computers, what can be the uses of cookies?
1.Maintain Information 2.Run a Brouser 3. Deliver a massage:-
A. Only 1
B. Only 2
C. Only 3
D. All of above
Answer:- A. Only 1
A cookie is a text string that is included with Hypertext Transfer Protocol requests and responses.
A cookie is information that a Web site puts on
your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time. (More technically,
it is information for future use that is stored by the server on the client side of a client/server communication.)
18. Which of the following languages is more suited to a structured program:-
Answer:- D. PASCAL
Pascal is more suited to a structured program,
because Pascal was designed (in 1970 by Nicklaus Wirth) to force programmers
for a structured programming style. Pascal has successors, Modula and Oberon,
which add module and access to system resources.
PASCAL is also called Educational Language…
19. A computer assisted method for the recording and analyzing of existing or hypothetical systems is :-
A. Data flow
B. Data Record Flow
C. Data Transmission
D. Data Processing
Answer:- A. Data flow
Data flow means flow of data with in a system machine where as Data transmission takes place with in different machines.
Data Processing:Data must first be entered into the computer before it can be processed.
Hypothetical means imagined. Then hypothetical system means not real systems. Or we can say them virtual systems.
20. The brain of any computer system is:-
D. Control Unit
Answer:- B. CPU
CPU consists of
2. Timing and control unit So it is the timing and control unit which is the brain of computer.
CPU is the main part of computer system that an have important parts of computer systems.
CPU is the main part of the computer system which is main control of the computer that make order to move the program to run.